When faced with an unexpected pregnancy in high school or college, it can feel overwhelming. At Pregnancy Care Center of NY, we help you feel supported, encouraged, and empowered through your pregnancy decision.
Our caring staff will provide information on your options and the medical services you need to make a fully informed decision.
Laws For Pregnant Students in NY
- You have the right to confidential pregnancy testing. No one can tell your parents or anyone else about the results unless you say it’s okay.
- No one can force you to take a pregnancy test, an STI test, or an HIV test without your permission.
- You have the right to stay in school. No one can force you to transfer to an alternative school, a special school for pregnant students, or a GED program.
- You have the right to take time off from school for prenatal visits, childbirth, abortion care, and other pregnancy-related health reasons.
- You have the right to receive educational support, take off from school, and you must be allowed to pick up where you left off when you return.
- Legally, you decide on your own what to do about your pregnancy.
- You have the right to consent to all health care that affects your pregnancy and childbirth. You don’t need your parents’ or anyone else’s permission.
We’re Here To Help You
We offer free and confidential urine pregnancy testing with 97 to 99% accuracy. If your test result is positive, we can provide a referral for a free ultrasound too.
Contact us by phone or fill out the online form. Our caring team is here to help. Schedule an appointment to skip the wait. We offer same-day appointments whenever available.